Lecture: Amazing Space – Searching for traces of an astrophysicist
10.02.2023 at 7 pm – free admission
Address: Kehrwiesen 9, 76356 Weingarten (Baden)
About the content:
The lecture promises excitement and entertainment. Where there are traces, there is someone who left them. This is cosmic reality.
Even if the natural sciences emancipated themselves from the theological interpretation of the world, the amazement at beauty and refinement remained along with an increasing number of questions – although it was assumed that the “knowledge of natural science” was superior to the “faith of the Christian religion” – and sufficient to explain the world.
In the end, what has been achieved leads to considerable amazement, which in turn is the beginning of a “look behind the scenes”.
To the speaker:
- Physics studies at the University of Heidelberg
- Diploma at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics in Heidelberg
- PhD in Astrophysics
- Visiting scholar at Washington University St. Louis, Missouri
- Co-investigator and technical manager for several space experiments.
- Collaboration with NASA, ESA and DLR in the context of several international space missions.
- Program Manager for Scientific Space at Astrium, the largest European space company
- Author of several space books
- Married, father of two sons