Lecture: Faith and science – why the doctrine of creation is credible.
22.02.2023 at 7 pm – free admission
Address: Kehrwiesen 9, 76356 Weingarten (Baden)
About the content:
It is often claimed that the evolution of all living things from microorganisms over the course of about 3 billion years is a fact. This view is passed off as the only scientifically based worldview. Thereby the creation doctrine is rejected by many scientists in principle as “unscientific”. In an overall view, some essential facts and arguments of these two opposing doctrines are contrasted.
To the speaker:
- Studied chemistry at the University of Hamburg and the University of Göttingen.
- Diploma thesis on the construction of structurally modified nucleic acids (DNA).
- PhD on modified DNA molecules
- research stay at the University of Strasbourg in France, where he worked on flexible proteins.
- Married, father of three children
The preoccupation with challenging questions between science and faith led to the founding of a non-profit research institute primarily engaged in basic research and educational work in the areas of earth sciences, Christian faith, questions of origins, and other biblically relevant topics. The Society pursues exclusively non-profit purposes and thus aims to contribute to the protection of human dignity against scientifically and ideologically based interventions in human life and personality.